This is a dual motor mount designed specifically for the new RC4WD 1/18 G2 D90.
Enclosed design to prevent sand and debris, direct replacement of stock transmission.
The new kit includes 2 N20 300 rpm motors ( default ) and a 0.90mm hex drive for the set screws (100rpm motor is available upon request)
Motor mount is CNC 6061 alloy, black anodized, all necessary hardware are included for the conversion!!
1. Install two N20 motors on to the motor mount using 2 M1.5m x 5 mm screws for each motor.
2. Remove the trans by un-screws the four M1.5 mm x 6 mm screws and replace it with the dual motor mount using the stock screws.
3. Remove the O-ring and the small pin where the F/R drive shaft connect to the trans.
4. Tap a 2mm hole where the pin originally sits
5. Connect the F/R drive shaft back to the two N20 motors shaft and secure it with 2 mm set screws, using tiny bit of thread-lock is recommended!
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had a Mini Gelande v1 transmission so installing this was a huge improvement. However, I had also ordered a v2 transmission and I received it after I put this dual motor transmission set up in and ran it for a while. The v2 transmission was even better. That being said I think this transmission would do great in a lighter comp style rig like the scx24.
This is much more affordable, enclosed transmission with two motors included. Will need to solder your own connections and tap the driveshaft with bits included to install set screw, oh and threadlock is important!